Welcome to the blog...
This space is all about seeking
EXCITED CHILLS and creating a
simple, authentic, beautiful life.
I do hope you'll stay a while!
Do you feel inspired when you open the door to your closet? Not so much? If you don’t currently have the time or energy for a major overhaul, you can still do a few things to spruce it up right now. These 9 fixes are quick and simple. And maybe, these baby steps will motivate you to tackle a full-on closet cleanse very soon!
1. Go the right way- Put all hangers on the bar with the hooks going the same direction. This small step creates a more uniform look in just minutes.
2. Boutique it- Put all of your clothing on the hangers facing the same way. Think of your closet as your own stylish boutique. Streamlined and visually appealing. Fasten all buttons and zippers.
3. Like with like- Sort clothing into categories. Hang like items together...jackets, long-sleeved tops, short-sleeved tops, tank tops, pants, skirts, dresses, etc.
4. Color coordination- After you have like items together, arrange clothing within each categories from dark to light/heavy to delicate- Start at the left side of your first category (Let's say, tank tops) and put all dark colored clothing on that side…work through medium shades and end on the right with light hued pieces. Then move onto the next category (short-sleeved tops) and repeat. Working though each sleeve length and organizing by color will make getting dressed so much easier!
4. Texture trick- Dive deeper into each newly created color section and arrange clothing from heaviest to most delicate. Chunky pieces to the left of loosely knit cardigans. Flannel shirts before gauzy cotton blouses.
5. Straighten your shoes– So many times I see closets where the shoes are in a giant jumble on the floor. Struggling to find a ‘match’ is a daily chore that can be avoided. Arrange your shoes neatly, in pairs. Give some love to your seldom worn kicks…dust them off, even polish them, so they're ready to wear when it’s time.
6. Refold your sweaters and tees- Even in the best KonMari situations, your knits pile or bin will sometimes become a bit unkempt. Folding is an easy reset that brings order back instantly!
7. Lighten up- Install the brightest bulb your light fixture will take. If your closet has windows, wash them. Need more light? Add an extra lamp. More light makes the space feel larger and more appealing...and then creating outfits becomes possible because you can actually see what you own.
8. Clean up- Closets collect lots of dust and dust bunnies:-) Wipe off shelves, dressers and baseboards. Run the vacuum or broom sweep the floor.
9. Fresh air- Tuck an air freshener inside the space. I use perfume strips from magazines. No commitment to the fragrance and these provide just a hint of freshness. An unlit, scented candle will also offer a touch of fragrance.
Regardless of the size of your closet or wardrobe, tackling these steps will make your space more inviting.
Stand back and admire your efforts! SMILE and enjoy the process of selecting your next outfit. Well done!
I'm working on some cool stuff...
Don't miss a thing!
Is there a topic you wish I'd cover? Just let me know. email@example.com
Thanks for reading!