Welcome to the blog...
This space is all about seeking
EXCITED CHILLS and creating a
simple, authentic, beautiful life.
I do hope you'll stay a while!
I’ve just returned from a wonderful week at the beach. And, while everything fit into
my carry-on luggage, there were many pieces that I just didn’t need or wear.
As a stylist, I know better and yet I still came home with unworn clothes!
I tend to forget that the vibe for our family-beach-getaway is always extremely laid-back, easy, and casual. Since I don't live at the beach, my beach wardrobe is much different than what I typically wear at home. I love my vacation clothes...they feel like VACATION! When packing, I failed to realize that I'd want to wear my favorite sundress more than once while I was away.
On this annual trip, there is no reason to dress up…simple and relaxed
is always the dress code.
So, I’m taking my own advice. Following a getaway, I advise my clients to make a list of the things they take, but don’t actually wear. I just made my list. I saved it to my calendar on our return date so I can refer to it next year.
I've created a Travel Wardrobe Planner to guide me when creating travel outfits. This worksheet is helpful when I'm packing for clients or myself. The PDF is yours free...
just click on the link below.
If you are headed to a destination by the sea…
I offer these tips to keep your packing light.
1. Take simple, comfortable sandals or flip flops…and running shoes, if you run.
My go-to travel shoes are white converse for the plane and sightseeing that requires
a lot of walking.
2. Pack dresses or loose fitting pants that make you feel fabulous. Flowy, gauzy,
relaxed dressing keeps you cool when it’s hot and humid. Wide leg pants worn with
a lean tank are always chic.
3. Wear shorts or casual skirts with tanks and tees for lunch and shopping.
4. Remember, air conditioning and evenings on the beach can be chilly. Take a
sweater or sexy, slouchy sweatshirt.
5. Go lighter on make-up. Before a fashion show in college, a make-up artist told me, ‘Make-up doesn’t look good on tan or sunburned skin’. She was right. Pare down your beauty routine to include a great moisturizer and sunscreen, something sparkly for lips or eyes, mascara...and a bronzer.
6. Use a body lotion with some shimmer- I have a favorite. It's a L’Occitane lotion.
Creme Scintillante (luminous body cream) Sadly, it's been discontinued. Yet, I had to mention it because if you see it in your travels...buy it! Honestly. It smells amazing, is wonderfully moisturizing and has just a touch of sparkle. It’s so good!
Click here for a free copy of my Travel Wardrobe Planner.
This basic chart helps to keep me organized when
I'm creating outfits and packing.
Oh, how I wish for another chance to pack light and head to the beach. Until then,
I'll continue to plan incredible vacation wardrobes in my head...and on Pinterest:-)
I'm always here if you have questions. Just ask...
Thanks for reading.