Boulder is a special town. Yet, I spent years wondering why anyone would want to spend time in Colorado.
No palm trees. No beach.
I didn't get it.
Then I visited Boulder. My husband had friends there and had been many times for work. I was reluctant, but ready to see what the hype was all about. We decided take our kids west to spend a week in Boulder and then drive to Park City, Utah.
It was August. We arrived to a beautiful day. 75 degrees. Blue skies. Lots of sunshine. And....no humidity! What a welcome change from the suburbs of Philadelphia in the summer. Not hazy, hot and humid. I was beginning to catch on.
Our trip was incredible. I was blown away by the beauty of the Rocky Mountains. So thankful that
my husband persuaded me to give it a try.
Tips for a family trip to Boulder-
1. Rent a house or apartment. I have never stayed in a hotel in Boulder. There are a few, but usually the properties and the prices are better with a rental.
Use HomeAway or VRBO (vacation rental by owner). These two companies link homeowners with renters. We have used both and had only great experiences. Usually, you work directly with the owner.
All booking can be done online. It is very user-friendly.
2. Go to Snooze. Located on Pearl Street. This 'diner' is so worth the wait time! It's not for every weekend, but it shouldn't be missed. Great staff. Interesting, yummy food.
3. Hike! Flatirons 1 & 2, Hog's Back, Sanitas... there are too many to mention. Ask around or get a book. Just be sure to go for a hike.
4. If you can fit it into your budget, have dinner at Frasca. Also on Pearl Street. A truly exceptional dining experience. The service, food, wine list and ambiance are divine. On a tighter budget? Sit at the Frasca's bar and have a drink or glass of wine and a few small plates. The frico, coleslaw, olives and cured meats are wonderful!
5. Walk and explore Pearl Street. This wonderful shopping and dining street is closed to cars between 11th - 15th streets. Lots to see and do. Great shops, restaurants and street performers.
6. Make an excuse for pizza at Pizzeria Locale. Incredible, authentic Italian pizza. Great vibe. Right next door to Frasca on Pearl Street.
I should mention... we all loved Boulder so much that we packed up our east coast life and headed west... and now live in Boulder.
Thanks for reading. More tomorrow.
Hello, I'm Kristen.
As a personal stylist,