Welcome to the blog...
This space is all about seeking
EXCITED CHILLS and creating a
simple, authentic, beautiful life.
I do hope you'll stay a while!
I love to travel. I think I even love to fly. I can freak myself out with regards to airplane travel, but I really try not to think about LOST when I fly. Instead, I settle back and enjoy the ride.
Here are my top tips for smooth sailing in the sky-
1. Make sure you have snacks and water. I don't rely on the beverage service on the plane. I want to have my water available at all times. I like to travel with several snack options...some sweet and some salty. I love dessert before bed. I always pack some homemade chocolate chip cookies in my bag. That way, if there is a night when no dessert is available, I have a back up:-)
2. Long flights...I eat a meal in the airport before I board the plane. I find my digestive system likes this better. And airplane food, even in First Class, isn't really that tasty. It's easy to feel like you're missing something when the food cart rolls around...but you're not.
3. Keep these things within reach...digital music, headphones, ear plugs, eye mask, water, snacks, book and/or magazines, blanket or wrap, pillow, lip balm, lotion. This might seem like a long list, but even on a short flight these items are worth having close at hand.
4. Window, aisle, middle? I always choose an aisle seat. I like to be able to get up without bothering anyone. I don't mind getting up for the folks in the middle and window seats. This is really a matter of personal preference.
4. Be sleeping by take-off - I am usually asleep before take-off. I pop in my earplugs, put on my eye mask and put my pillow around my neck. Eyes closed and I'm out. As the airplane begins to climb I tip my seat back and drift off to sleep.
5. I've said it before... Carry-on only. If at all possible, carry your luggage with you on the plane.
Thanks for reading. More tomorrow...