This week, I am traveling alone. As a wife and mother of three, I rarely travel alone. I am heading off to visit my dad and step-mother in New England. I am both excited about the adventure and already missing my husband and kids.
Since I'm on the run... I needed to make this a quick post. I promise to try to post for the next three days, but I'm not sure how it will go. We'll see.
Here are my favorite things about traveling alone.
1. An aisle seat. I know lots of people who prefer the window, but not me. I like the freedom (though there really isn't much freedom on an airplane). I don't mind getting up for others to use the rest room.
2. Time to read a new magazine or a great book.
3. Time to listen to music of my choosing.
4. Time to rest. I'm a great airplane sleeper. Usually, I'm asleep before take-off. Ear plugs in, eye mask on, neck pillow, blanket...ready to sleep.
5. The mystery of being solo. It's nice to just have time to myself and have my story be something other than 'mom traveling with kids'. Although I love to travel with my kids, it's nice once and a while to fly solo.
Thanks for reading. More tomorrow... I hope:-)
Hello, I'm Kristen.
As a personal stylist,