Welcome to the blog...
This space is all about seeking
EXCITED CHILLS and creating a
simple, authentic, beautiful life.
I do hope you'll stay a while!
Las Vegas, Nevada
I had never been to Las Vegas until four years ago. My husband had been many times for business,
but I always stayed home with our children. He would return with tales of how grand and elaborate everything is there. He would tell me, "You really have to see it".
September 2011, he had a trip planned for work. A convention. Interbike. Grandma was wiling to stay with our kids. We were going to Las Vegas!
WOW! Truly no words for what The Strip really looks like in person. You really have to see it.
The hotels are massive. Everything is larger than life. All perspective of size is lost and suddenly gigantic buildings seem normal.
It is an incredible sight. I'm good for about 2-3 days. After that, I begin to feel overwhelmed by all of the grandeur. I grow a bit weary and am ready to return to my normal-sized home in my normal-sized town.
I've stayed at The Venetian and The Bellagio. I've been in several other hotels for dinner or shows. All of the hotels on the strip are amazing. Over-the-top beautiful and impressive...and massive.
Here are my Take-Away Tips from three trips to Las Vegas-
1. It will take 5-10 minutes to get to the lobby from most guest rooms. Everything is further than it seems due to the immense size of the buildings. Out on The Strip, taxis are readily available, best to use them. Wait in the taxi line outside the hotel entrance. The line is often very long, but moves fast.
2. You will probably get lost within the hotel... don't worry, ask hotel staff member for help.
3. The hotels have great spas, pools and fitness centers. There is usually a fee for the fitness center
and spa services, but they are worth it. Gorgeous, well-stocked locker rooms. Very pampering. Main pools are usually free... of course, if you want to hang in a private cabana with Rhianna, you will have to pay:-)
4. Cirque de Soleil "O" is jaw-dropping. Well worth every penny. One of the best shows I have EVER seen.
5. Wear comfortable shoes.
6. It's cool to see the Eiffel Tower right next to palm trees.
7. The fountains at The Bellagio are as beautiful as everyone says.
8. The Forum Shops at Caesars- great mall...with an Anthropologie.
My Favorite Restaurants
Lotus of Siam- you need to take a taxi to this off spot. It is a fixture in Las Vegas.
China Poblano- only went for lunch. It is Mexican and Chinese, odd combo, but delicious.
Thanks for reading. More tomorrow.