Please bear with me today, I might still be in a post-vacation fog. Re-entry is hard. So hard after a wonderful, romantic getaway. However, I’m back at my desk and ready to start crossing some things off of my very long list. As usual, I’m tackling the fun stuff first. Here’s my review of the online shopping platform StyleWe and the dress they recently sent me to try out.
My husband and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with a trip to Mexico. It was incredible! Warm sunshine, pure down-time... just what we needed. I couldn't wait to wear my new dress from StyleWe.
So...I rolled up my new StyleWe dress and tucked it into my suitcase.
I can honestly report that this little silk, floral dress was a pleasure to wear.
In my real life...not my fantasy-tropical-beach-life:-)...I rarely wear florals and hardly ever choose bright colors for my clothing. When I scrolled through the StyleWe site trying to choose a dress, this one by QinPei.er truly jumped out at me.
It seemed like a perfect choice for a romantic weekend at the beach. I actually chose three dresses and the lovely representative from StyleWe picked this one for me.
I love the soft, fluid ruffles. I love the sheer watercolor fabric. There’s something enchanting about this little dress.
I’m thrilled with my choice.
The dress traveled beautifully. No wrinkles. No static. It was just right for the breezy, tropical climate of Sayulita, Mexico.
I felt lovely wearing it on my dinner date with Matthew. The colors were perfect against the backdrop of blue skies, green palms and turquoise waters. Can you tell, I’m still in a vacation trance?
My overall thoughts on StyleWe:
I think StyleWe could be around for a quite a while. I'm thrilled with the idea of helping emerging designers get a solid start...and I think others will be, too.
The website contains some really serious talent. There are hundreds of beautiful, sophisticated, elegant garments.
Price- The entire site is filled with well-priced, unique pieces. The dress I received costs $70 U.S. I feel this price is very fair for the fabric, quality and style of the dress.
Workmanship- The quality is quite good. My dress is nicely constructed. The outer fabric is 100% silk and the knit lining is 100% polyester. All seams are well-finished and straight.
Fit- I ordered a small. The sizing information for this designer seems very accurate. It appears that each designer chooses their own sizing. The specifics are clearly stated in the description of the garment.
Shipping- My dress was shipped overnight. It took about three days to receive it after a brief hold in U.S. customs. The StyleWe site states that customers might need to allow for production time as well as shipping/delivery time. It seems that some of the garments are actually made to order. Kind of cool...a custom-made dress:-)
Overall, I feel like StyleWe might be ahead of the curve. This type of website could very well be the next big thing. Their format allows new designers to have a platform from which to reach millions of customers...without the stress of actually starting their own business.
If you are needing a dress for a summer wedding, party or just to spice up your closet, I would highly suggest that you give StyleWe a try.
Be prepared to lose track of time while trolling this site. It might take you a while to find the one perfect choice…the site is loaded with awesome pieces!
Lots of stuff on the docket for the summer. It’s time for some soul-searching and transparent authenticity...I’m going to get very real:-)
Don’t miss a single post...Join me!
Thanks so much for following along.
I’m now on Snapchat (togetheract), if you’re crazy enough to be there too...I’d love to share my daily story with you!
Have a question? Please ask! firstname.lastname@example.org I truly love hearing from you!
I’m super excited about today’s post! This post is a few days early because I’m heading out of town and wanted to share this before I leave. I’ve been asked to review a product from a website that features a huge selection of women’s clothing. The company is StyleWe. You can find them at www.stylewe.com Their concept is simple and unique…”StyleWe is an online fashion shopping platform featuring independent fashion designers. Fashion at your fingertips!”
Honestly, I'm kind of blown away by this genius idea. StyleWe makes it possible for emerging young fashion designers to create and manufacture their own designs without having to actually start a design business. Want to know more... click here and read the about and our designers pages.
I made a short video to share the ‘unboxing’ of the package I received from StyleWe. I think I could get used to the thrill of unboxing these treasures:-)
The kind representative from StyleWe instructed me to select one dress priced under $90.
Who wouldn’t love to try out a free dress? I must admit it was extremely difficult to narrow my choice down to only one. I spent several evenings just scrolling through StyleWe’s vast selection and dropping dresses into my shopping cart!
In the end, I selected three dresses and asked the StyleWe representative to make the final choice. The dress she chose what the very first dress I loved when scrolling through their seemingly endless designs.
Here's the big reveal...
My husband and I are heading to Mexico to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! (I'm thrilled and blessed...we are still happily married after all these years:-)
I plan to wear this amazing dress while we're away. What better way to fall in love with a dress than on a romantic, tropical vacation?
I'll write my review when we return and post it as quickly as possible.
I recently joined the world of Snapchat! As a mom of three teenagers, I didn’t really have a choice:-)
I’ll be posting on Snapchat and Instagram while I’m away. If you’d like a sneak peek at my thoughts on the dress and our getaway...please follow along!
Thank you so much for reading and watching. This entire endeavor is only fun because you are here.
I was recently approached by hair and skin care company...Pura d'or. They asked if I'd be interested in using and reviewing a few of their hair care products. I loved what I read when doing my initial research on Pura d'or and decided to give it a go.
I posted the 'unboxing' video and promptly started using the three products I received; Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo, Healing Conditioner and Pure & Organic Argan Oil. After using these products for a little over a month, I feel I'm ready to share my honest opinion of each one.
As I explained in my 'unboxing' post, I suffered from hair loss for over two years. I don't imagine that losing your hair is easy on anyone, but for women...it's taboo and terrifying.
Our current culture often depicts beautiful women with beautiful, healthy, plentiful hair. Modern media messages often promote the idea that a woman's hair quality is directly linked to her beauty.
Not fair and certainly not true! However, I am fully aware that it can be extremely unsettling to experience hair loss.
Here are my thoughts on the Pura d'or products I've been using....
Here's a bit more information from the website...
When using the shampoo, the directions state to use it daily....lather and leave on for 2 minutes. This is where the magic happens! During this wait time, ingredients work to strengthen the hair and rejuvenate the hair follicles.
Pura d'or is available from the Pura d'or website (www.purador.com) and from several well-known retailers...Amazon, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, Ulta, and more.
This is super exciting...
I've been invited to share a super discount with my viewers and readers!
If you're ready to try Pura d'or for yourself...
enjoy a 25% discount off your purchase from the
Pura d'or website.
At checkout enter the code: Kristen25
All purchases come with the Pura d'or 100% Money Back Guarantee! So you have nothing to lose... and you might just stop losing your hair.
I'm heading out of the country, but will be posting fun stuff from my travels. Follow along...@togetheract on Instagram and togetheract on Snapchat. Yes, I'm on Snapchat! Having three teenagers at home means I'm on Snapchat:-)
Thanks for being here. Questions? Just ask below or email me at email@example.com
Do you feel inspired when you open the door to your closet? Not so much? If you don’t currently have the time or energy for a major overhaul, you can still do a few things to spruce it up right now. These 9 fixes are quick and simple. And maybe, these baby steps will motivate you to tackle a full-on closet cleanse very soon!
1. Go the right way- Put all hangers on the bar with the hooks going the same direction. This small step creates a more uniform look in just minutes.
2. Boutique it- Put all of your clothing on the hangers facing the same way. Think of your closet as your own stylish boutique. Streamlined and visually appealing. Fasten all buttons and zippers.
3. Like with like- Sort clothing into categories. Hang like items together...jackets, long-sleeved tops, short-sleeved tops, tank tops, pants, skirts, dresses, etc.
4. Color coordination- After you have like items together, arrange clothing within each categories from dark to light/heavy to delicate- Start at the left side of your first category (Let's say, tank tops) and put all dark colored clothing on that side…work through medium shades and end on the right with light hued pieces. Then move onto the next category (short-sleeved tops) and repeat. Working though each sleeve length and organizing by color will make getting dressed so much easier!
4. Texture trick- Dive deeper into each newly created color section and arrange clothing from heaviest to most delicate. Chunky pieces to the left of loosely knit cardigans. Flannel shirts before gauzy cotton blouses.
5. Straighten your shoes– So many times I see closets where the shoes are in a giant jumble on the floor. Struggling to find a ‘match’ is a daily chore that can be avoided. Arrange your shoes neatly, in pairs. Give some love to your seldom worn kicks…dust them off, even polish them, so they're ready to wear when it’s time.
6. Refold your sweaters and tees- Even in the best KonMari situations, your knits pile or bin will sometimes become a bit unkempt. Folding is an easy reset that brings order back instantly!
7. Lighten up- Install the brightest bulb your light fixture will take. If your closet has windows, wash them. Need more light? Add an extra lamp. More light makes the space feel larger and more appealing...and then creating outfits becomes possible because you can actually see what you own.
8. Clean up- Closets collect lots of dust and dust bunnies:-) Wipe off shelves, dressers and baseboards. Run the vacuum or broom sweep the floor.
9. Fresh air- Tuck an air freshener inside the space. I use perfume strips from magazines. No commitment to the fragrance and these provide just a hint of freshness. An unlit, scented candle will also offer a touch of fragrance.
Regardless of the size of your closet or wardrobe, tackling these steps will make your space more inviting.
Stand back and admire your efforts! SMILE and enjoy the process of selecting your next outfit. Well done!
I'm working on some cool stuff...
Don't miss a thing!
Is there a topic you wish I'd cover? Just let me know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading!
Hello, I'm Kristen.
As a personal stylist,