This space is all about seeking
the moments that cause
'excited chills' and creating a life
that's simple, authentic and beautiful.
It's almost August!
Here in the Northern Hemisphere...that means it's HOT!
Regarding wardrobes, the challenge is...
How to look great without melting?!
The difficulty stems from not being able to add the extra layer that would elevate the look. That additional piece that would pull the outfit together must be omitted in order to avoid roasting. What to do?...
Here are 6 ways to stay cool and look put together
even when it's hot!
1. Rely on lightweight fabrics made of natural fibers. The fabric will 'breathe' and you will look and feel cooler.
2. Add that third piece in the form of an accessory. A delicate necklace, cuff bracelet, unique belt, awesome bag or sheer scarf can create interest and provide texture without bulk.
3. Wear a great dress! The ultimate effortless garment. One piece and you're dressed. Depending on your preference go with a bold, interesting pattern or a classic solid or stripe. The detailing on the dress will provide the interest needed to keep the look from being basic or boring.
4. Select a top with an unusual shape or pattern. An unexpected neckline can even stand alone so a necklace isn't needed.
5. Try out a more minimalistic approach to dressing. Choose a classic tank top or v-neck tee with shorts or a simple skirt. Let the clean lines speak for themselves.
6. Embrace the 'soft pant'. Summer is a great time to give soft pants a try. Whether you pick patterned or solid; soft pants are fluid and easy. Pair with a lean, simple top and very little jewelry. Let the pants make a statement.
As the great Ella Fitzgerald reminds us, "Summertime, and the livin' is easy"
Forget anything that seems fussy. If it's too contrived, you'll feel and look out of place when it's super hot.
The beauty of summer dressing in is the simplicity. Embrace the fact that layers aren't necessary. Select pieces that can stand alone and look amazing. Go on...rock that sundress with a sleek pendant and a fabulous sandal!
Stay cool and thanks for reading.